Eligibility and Burial Benefits
The eligiblity requirements for burial at the Idaho State Veterans Cemetery mirrors the National Veterans Cemetery eligibility requirements. There is no requirement to be a resident of the state of Idaho.
Interment fees for eligible veterans are paid by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. Associated funeral expenses and preparation are not included and are covered by the Veteran’s family or estate.
Veterans and families are able to choose:
- A columbarium niche, cremation inurnment that includes an inscribed granite niche cover;
- An in-ground, garden niche, cremation inurnment that includes a flush-to-the-ground inscribed granite marker;
- A scattering garden, set in a natural draw of the Boise foothills, that includes a location for an inscribed marker in memory of the deceased;
- A full casket, in-ground interment that includes an inscribed, upright granite marker.
- Military Funeral Honors are coordinated by the Cemetery. Honors include the playing of Taps, folding of the flag and its presentation to the next-of-kin.
- An Honor Guard detail of at least two members of the Armed Services is provided for the interment service of the eligible Veteran.
Pre-registration allows a Veteran and their spouse to establish, in advance, their eligibility for burial at the Idaho State Veterans Cemetery. There is no cost for pre-registration and it does not obligate the Veteran to be interred at the Cemetery. Pre-registration is intended to simplify and assist the Veteran’s next-of-kin at the time of death. The key items needed for pre-registration are a copy of the Veteran’s discharge papers and, for married Veterans, a copy of the marriage certificate.
Bid ProposalsNone at this time.
You can request a copy of your DD-214 online
Legislative Updates & News
Job Opportunities for Veterans
Has been relocated to http://veterans.idaho.gov/benefits-a-services/employment-services